Sunday, July 24, 2011

"Farming" Facebook Style Assignment 4-1

Anyone who knows me will tell you that am as far from a “gamer” as a person can get. My idea of   “gaming” is curling up in bed with a book of Sudoku puzzles. However, there are fun and addicting games in the world today that are nearly impossible to avoid if you are a gamer. Even social networking sights, such as Facebook, are getting in on the fun and offering games of their own. Some of their titles include; Cityville, Frontierville, Yoville, and Farmville-just to name a few.
Out of the games listed above, one of the most popular games seems to be Farmville. I wish I could tell you why it is so popular, because I personally myself do not get it! However, let us take a look at my own mother. She is by far the biggest Farmville addict I know. She is on level 140 (I am unsure as to how many levels there actually are) and she shows no sign of slowing down in the near future. I think as long as she continues to be able to see, and her arthritis will allow her, she will sit at her computer for hours a day harvesting her crops, feeding her horses and strolling around the pond! She finds her “happy place” when she sees her ducks floating on the pond in her virtual Farmville pond. She is able to customize her farm to her liking, build a bigger house by obtaining more neighbors, and she can even decorate her farm for every season. There are pumpkins and scarecrows for the fall and Christmas trees and lights for the Jesus season.  
            However you put it, Farmville is popular and an addiction for “kids” of all ages!

References
Top 25 Facebook games. (2011, March). Retrieved July 22, 2011, from http://blog.games.com/2011/03/01/top-25-facebook-games-march/

No comments:

Post a Comment